Frequently Asked Kansas Tax Questions

At Kansas City Tax Mediation, we help Kansas and Missouri residents with their back tax settlement and tax mediation. As a registered CPA firm, we help you solve Missouri and Kansas tax problems. Because tax language can be very confusing for someone who hasn’t had much experience with it, we get a lot of the same questions from our clients. Today we’re here to spread some education and answer some commonly asked questions.

I forgot to file my taxes. What now?
If you’ve missed the year’s filing deadline, you should still file your taxes as soon as you can to avoid serious penalties from the IRS.

How do I find out how much I owe the IRS? 
There are a number of ways to find this out. We can help you with this.

I can’t pay my IRS taxes in full. What now?
If you owe the IRS money but you can’t pay them in full, you have options. The IRS understands that not everyone has big chunks of money laying around and offers you alternative solutions. Call us to let us help you explore what solutions will work for you.

Can I settle my taxes for less than I owe the IRS?  
This option is not available to every taxpayer, but it is available. You must meet specific requirements set by the IRS and we can help you determine if you’re a candidate.

If you’ve not filed your taxes in recent years or you’ve recently gotten a letter from the IRS, call Kansas City Tax Mediation today and let us help you.


Comments are closed.