Here at Kansas City Tax Mediation, we’ll help you get through your back Kansas taxes so that you don’t have to do it alone. We’re a registered CPA firm that’s totally dedicated to helping Missouri and Kansas residents with back tax settlements and tax mediation. Whether you’ve simply forgotten to file your taxes in the past because you’ve been too busy or you aren’t able to pay all of what you owe, it’s imperative that you call us as soon as you can so that you don’t don’t risk (more) penalties.
- When you miss the deadline to file your taxes, you may get charged with a failure-to-file penalty. You may also be charged a failure-to-pay penalty if you don’t pay all of what you owe.
- Normally, the failure-to-file penalty is much more than the failure-to-pay penalty.
- Normally, the penalty for filing late is about 5% of the unpaid taxes for each month. This penalty will start accruing the day after the tax filing deadline of April 15th.
- If you don’t pay your taxes by the tax deadline, you will face a failure-to-pay penalty of ½ of 1 percent of your unpaid taxes.
- If you have requested a time extension to file your individual income tax return and you have paid at least 90% of the taxes you owe with your request, you may not be facing a failure-to-pay penalty. However, you have to pay any remaining balance by the extended due date to avoid facing further penalties.
If you’re facing tax problems in the state of Kansas or Missouri, please call Kansas City Tax Mediation today.